ISLE OF PALMS TOP REALTOR
Jimmy and his mother, Kathy Carroll, started Carroll Realty in 1981. Kathy started her career in the mid ’70’s, and Jimmy started his after his college graduation in 1978. After 3 years of working for others, they knew it was time to start working for themselves. Starting off in a small 4-room office on Sullivan’s Island, they never looked back. Their success was due to hard work and perseverance, including making it through two housing recessions and surviving Hurricane Hugo that devastated the islands. Jimmy grew up on the Isle of Palms and has been selling real estate here since 1978; nobody knows more about the history of the island and the beaches than he does. In 2015, Jimmy Carroll sold his interests to his nephew Michael, and his wife, Ashley. Today, Jimmy works solely as a Realtor specializing on the islands, and he has a team that covers all of East Cooper. His team consists of Carol Powers, his office manager and Realtor, and his protégés, Winslow Carroll, Jimmy’s middle son and his youngest son, Capers Carroll.
- Lifelong island resident and went to school locally, from Sullivan’s Island Elementary School through the College of Charleston, earning a B.A. in Political Science in 1978
- Realtor since 1978, and a broker since 1979. He started Carroll Realty Inc. in 1981 and bought and renovated the present office location in 1987.
- Graduate of the Realtor’s Institute (GRI)
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Recognized by the Association of Realtors for exceptional sales Achievement in 1984 and recognized ever since as a consistent top producer
- Consistently in Charleston’s Top 1%
In addition, he has served his industry in many capacities during his career:
- The MLS Board of Directors all the way through to President in 1999
- The Charleston Trident Association’s Board of Directors, Past President of Charleston’s 5000 members in 2004.
- Served on and chaired many committees, including Forms, MLS selection, Grievance, etc.
- Local Realtor’s Professional Standards committee
- Past President of the East Cooper Top Producer’s Club
- Past President of Charleston Association of Realtors
- Past Director of South Carolina Association of Realtors
- East Cooper Habitat for Humanity’s Board of Directors
- Since the year 2000, Carroll Realty Inc. has donated enough funds through the East Cooper Chapter of Habitat for Humanity to build at least three complete Habitat homes!
He has been a volunteer for and a supporter of the island’s local youth sports programs every year, every sports season since their beginning in 1981.
Last, but not least, in fact, most importantly, Jimmy is the father of three wonderful sons: Jimmy, Winslow and Capers, born in 1990, 1992, and 1994 respectively. These boys are his pride and joy.
OFFICE MANAGER, REALTOR
Carol discovered Charleston in 1988 and was immediately captivated by the area’s gorgeous beaches and the historic southern charm of the city. She moved here permanently in 2000 and never regretted the move. Passionate about the water and outdoor activities, the move to Charleston was a natural fit. She joined the Jimmy Carroll Team in 2015 as a Realtor and as the team’s office manager and closing coordinator. As a relative “new-comer” to the area, Carol understands the complexity involved in transitioning to a new home. She brings energy, creativity, and integrity to every transaction be it a first-time home or a retirement dream house. Carol tries to utilize foresight in order to proactively address details before they become a problem and emphasizes communication from the first phone call all the way to the close of your home.
Winslow is a third generation Isle of Palms resident and realtor. He grew up on Sullivan’s Island and Isle Palms enjoying beach lifestyle. Winslow attended Bishop England High School and is a recent graduate of the College of Charleston with a BSin business administration and a concentration in real estate. Now he joins his family business, Carroll Realty.
He is excited to join his father on his team and learn the business that afforded his family to live and work in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Winslow is a fresh face in the Charleston real estate community and is eager to share our little slice of paradise we call home.